Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tikatok

Well, I try to learn something new everyday.  Today it was using tikatok.com to make a children's book.  I'm all for using this venue to enhance literacy.  Nationwide Publishing has a resource called Studentreasures that facilitates student authors.  That old school option would be a great precursor to using Tikatok.  It has lessons plans and shows teachers how to integrate usage across the curriculum. 

Often, student creativity had taken a back seat to preparing for State tests.  Tikatok and Studentreasures are resources that make learning real, useful and fun.

http://www.tikatok.com/view/book/best-friends-jimmy-and-joi

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good idea to strive to learn something new every day. I am sure for any resources that emphasize reading. Reading is so important in learning of all other things we need to know and to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to trying Tikatok with my daughter, she is always writing stories and plays. Now she will be able to see results. Love your book

    ReplyDelete