Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Monday, July 11, 2011

Five Special Things in the Room I'm In

The assignment was to make note of five things that were special to me in the room I'm in. Well, I am not alone in this room. My grandson has been bouncing around me, asking questions, hugging me, kissing me and feeding me pop tarts. He makes this room special.  This room is filled with his energy, his excitement for adventure, his joy of life, his affection, and his innocence.  In essence these five aspects of his spirit make being in this room special.  Yes, I am supposed to be focused on homework.  He makes homework less a chore and together we explore being.  I share his energy, excitement, zest, love and wholesome innocence of which he seems to have an unending flow.  How do I share space with him and not take notice? Within him are five special things of note plus more!

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Edison,

    That is so sweet and I understand it whole heartily. It makes me feel so special when my granddaughter gets so excited when she sees me. Grandchildren, they do a body good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandchildren give you purpose. Yes, they do a body good.

    ReplyDelete