The Holy Bible has greatly impacted my life. I haven't always understood the words therein but I have a wide variety of resources to help me gain knowledge and understanding. One author is Stormie O'Martin. She has published a series of books on the Power of Prayer. When my husband was in the hospital after having triple bypass open heart surgery, I at times could not find the words for prayer though I had the source. Her book, The Power of a Praying Wife, put my heartfelt feelings into words. Her notations guided me to the biblical references needed that helped me through 14 days on the hospital premises. Like the sparrow I did not want for food, shelter or clothing though we'd expected to be home in 24 hours.
Time spent in the word is time well spent. In a bad relationship, the solution is in the word. Don't know which way to turn. Guidance is in the word. At the end of your rope, the lifeline is is the word. As Lee501expressed, "it helps me to live contently no matter what my circumstances may be at a given time."
Isn't it amazing how "AWESOME" The Word is!!!! I turn to it all the time. I found a great narrative Bible from Audible, that allows me to listen to The Word while driving or settling in for the night.
ReplyDeleteI have heard of the other book you mentioned but have not read it, but have read several others.
Ms. Edison,
ReplyDeleteThat is also the book that has greatly impacted my life too. I also have it on CD. It is nice to listen to it also.
I haveit on CD too. The voice of Darth Vader narrates. LOL. I's like hearing the word from the dark side. It's wonderful.
ReplyDelete