Bookshelf

Bookshelf

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just Me

I'm Dionne: A first born, born to a first born and married to a first born (my high school sweetheart).

My first born is a first grand and first great-grand. I have five children and three grand children.

Being a number one has its perks, sets you apart from others and can be burdensome.  New parents can be over protective and a driving force as their focus is solely on you.  Milestones good and bad are cheered with great enthusiasm or met with great sighs of disappointment or penalties for correction.  Being first can be lonely.  It takes lots of courage to stand alone, set the standard and refrain from taking the lead, especially when since being first may mean you already have been where others are trying to go but they don't want to hear that. 

For me being number one has made me sort of a no nonsense person who  enjoys the simple life. I procrastinate and am driven. A daughter of educators, I hadn't planned to become a teacher.  I morphed into teaching.  It is what I know. It is what I do.   I share a world.

No comments:

Post a Comment